A Very, Video Game Christmas

Merry Early-Christmas, my fellow bloggers! I, like so many others, have been asked what I want for Christmas already. In reply, I have come up with a list that is quite appropriately titled “Video Games I Want for Christmas”. There have been so many titles that I have been in want for since their announcement but have otherwise been unable to purchase due to my funds needed elsewhere. So for my blog today I wish to share with you, in no particular order, my list of what I consider to be the hottest titles I will be having, if I have my way:

1. Halo 4 – As if the idea of another Halo game wasn’t enough already, the web series produced for the game’s build-up was so much icing on top. Halo 4 is something a lot of people were skeptical about seeing this year, but were probably secretly hoping would be made and it has been. The torch being passed in many ways with this title, it not being made by Bungie but by 343 Studios which contains several former Bungie employees that were brought in by Microsoft to preserve the Halo universe following Bungie’s split with them. Also, in an added layer of excitement a mini-series titled Forward Unto Dawn was made and released in the weeks prior to the game’s release on Machinimaprime’s Youtube channel and on Halo Waypoint. This stoked the fires of the game by adding some additional backstory centered around the first time Thomas Lasky, a character in the game, and the game’s main protagonist Master Chief, met for the first time. Needless to say those videos have me amped to play the game and jealous of those that already have.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/92/Halo_4_box_artwork.png

1. Borderlands 2 – Borderlands 2 builds upon the gameplay elements introduced in its predecessor Borderlands, which I also got for last year’s Christmas. It is a first-person shooter that includes character-building elements found in role-playing games, leading its developer Gearbox to call the game a “role-playing shooter.” As with the first game, Borderlands 2 players complete a campaign consisting of central quests and optional side-missions as one of four vault hunters on the planet Pandora. A game with a myriad of gun configurations, one of the funniest space western scripts ever, and an element of cooperative play makes this game a given for me.
YouTube Preview Image
  1. Assassin’s Creed 3 – OMG! Why wouldn’t this be on here, me being a HUGE fan of the entire series? Assassin’s Creed III, developed by Ubisoft Montreal has been given the title of historical action-adventure open world stealth video game, which is one heck of a mouthful but still sounds right. This is the first of the Assassin’s Creeds that, of which it is the fifth major installment, takes place during American history. Justifying enough it takes place before, during, and after the American Revolution. As usual the two main protagonists, Desmond Miles and one of his ancestors must take part in separate yet equally dangerous adventures during their respective timelines. As an added bonus, this game features the Anvil Next engine which was built from the ground up for this game.
YouTube Preview Image
  1. Call of Duty: Black Ops II – Well, this one surprised us all, I think. I fully expected another Call of Duty game with the same revamped and rehashed gameplay as the old ones. But this Call of Duty is a new animal entirely. Developed by Treyarch, Black Ops II is the first game in the Call of Duty franchise to feature future warfare technology and the first to present branching storylines driven by player choice. However, that’s not to say somethings about Call of Duty weren’t good already, but even they were changed — for the better. Case in point, Zombies. This is the third time the Zombies mode has appeared in a Call of Duty game, and the first time to have its own campaign along with the main story. Adding in new game modes and the co-op expanding from 4-player to 8, Black Ops II is shaping up to be one of the better Call of Duty games to date.
YouTube Preview Image

I hope Santa can fit all of that awesomeness into one sack, because that list has got me in an epic, video game induced coma. Thanks everybody!

Speak Your Mind

*